We can't find the internet
Attempting to reconnect
Something went wrong!
Hang in there while we get back on track
Blockchain Regulation in Canada presented by Kraken | Blockchain Futurist Conference 2023
Discover how Canada leads the way in blockchain regulation at the Blockchain Futurist Conference 2023. Learn about the clear regulatory pathway for crypto trading, stablecoin frameworks, self-custody trends, and industry collaboration.
- Canada has one of the clearest regulatory pathways for crypto trading in the world.
- The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) has provided clear guidance for trading platforms, resulting in a number of exchanges operating in compliance with the regulations.
- Stablecoins are a key area of focus for regulators, with the potential for bespoke regulatory frameworks to address their unique characteristics.
- Self-custody of crypto assets is gaining traction, but there is a need for education to ensure users understand the risks and benefits involved.
- Industry participants have valuable data and experience to contribute to the regulatory process and can provide feedback on regulations that are not helpful.
- There is a need for collaboration between exchanges and other service providers to address issues such as fraud and illicit activity.
- The current regulatory regime in Canada is seen as a good starting point, but there is room for improvement and evolution to keep pace with the rapidly changing industry.
- Bespoke regulatory frameworks for specific asset classes, such as stablecoins, are seen as a potential solution to address their unique characteristics.
- Consumer protection measures are a priority for regulators, and exchanges are taking steps to combat fraud and illicit activity.
- Education is key to ensuring that users understand the risks and benefits of self-custody and how to protect their assets.