We can't find the internet
Attempting to reconnect
Something went wrong!
Hang in there while we get back on track
Driving Culture Change through DevOps, and Vice Versa / Speakers: James Betteley & Sara Milne
Discover how DevOps and culture are intertwined, and how to measure and improve your organization's culture using DevOps metrics. Learn from experts James Betteley and Sara Milne.
- DevOps is about bringing Dev and Ops together to ensure a smooth, continuous flow of value through products into production.
- Culture is a key driver for DevOps success, and it can be measured using various metrics.
- One way to measure culture is to use the Westrom model, which places organizations on a scale ranging from pathological to generative.
- DevOps can be used to shift an organization’s culture towards a more generative one.
Some key DevOps metrics that can be used to measure culture include:
- Deployment frequency
- Lead time for changes
- Mean time to recovery
- Change failure rate
- Defect escape rate
- By tracking these metrics over time, organizations can see how their culture is changing and make adjustments as needed.
Some tips for creating a DevOps culture include:
- Start small and experiment.
- Expect resistance and be prepared to address it.
- Focus on impact and show that DevOps can make a difference.
- Communicate, share, and give feedback.
- Use data to drive change and measure progress.