We can't find the internet
Attempting to reconnect
Something went wrong!
Hang in there while we get back on track
Your first PHP extension - Christian Rades
Learn how to write your first PHP extension in Rust, a systems programming language known for its safety, speed, and concurrency. Discover the benefits of using Rust for PHP extensions and the process of creating and installing them.
- Rust is a systems programming language that emphasizes safety, speed, and concurrency.
- PHP extensions can be written in Rust using the php-rs crate.
- The php-rs crate provides a safe and easy-to-use API for interacting with the PHP engine.
- Rust extensions can be used to improve the performance of PHP applications, add new features, or interact with other languages.
- To write a Rust extension, you will need to create a Rust project, add the php-rs crate to your dependencies, and write a Rust function that implements the desired functionality.
- The Rust function can be exported to PHP using the #[php_module] attribute.
- The PHP extension can be installed using the pecl command.