We can't find the internet
Attempting to reconnect
Something went wrong!
Hang in there while we get back on track
DPC2022: Building Recommender System in PHP8
Discover how to build a recommendation system in PHP8, using techniques like K-nearest neighbors, cosine similarity, and dimensionality reduction. Explore content-based and collaborative filtering approaches, and learn from the Netflix Prize competition.
- Recommendation systems are a niche area of research and development.
- Netflix’s original recommendation system engine was based on data classification.
- K-nearest neighbors (KNN) is a simple and effective algorithm for building recommendation systems.
- Cosine similarity is a common metric for comparing vectors.
- Dimensionality reduction algorithms can be used to convert sparse matrices into fully specified matrices.
- Content-based filtering and collaborative filtering are two main approaches to building recommendation systems.
- PHP has two great libraries for machine learning: RubiXML and PHPML.
- The Netflix Prize was a competition that challenged participants to build a better recommendation system than Netflix’s existing system.
- The winning algorithm used a combination of content-based filtering and collaborative filtering.
- Recommendation systems are becoming increasingly important as more and more data becomes available.